Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of School...as a teacher!

The fact that this was actually written a week after school starts but I have yet to post it (and it has been a month) is kind of the story of my life. I'm so lame...I have zero time.

So I know this is now a week late...life of a teacher I guess.
Day 1: Heaven.
The first day of school was wonderful! If you know me you know that if I'm anxious or nervous about something I usually don't sleep, feel sick all the time, and am generally on edge. The night before the first day I slept like a baby. I was so calm and relaxed and knew this is exactly where I'm supposed to be right now in my life. I'm so grateful for that calm reassurance.
My 26 little people are adorable. One brought me home made potholders the first day. I mean how cute is that? I could probably only pick up munchkin sized pots with them, so I hung them up by my desk. There are two boys who I loved the second they walked in the door....so cute! They're going to be little studs when they grow up.
School was filled with getting to know you stuff and a whole lot of me talking....fun for me, and they think I'm pretty funny :)
The first day was a whirlwind and was over before it even started.

After school I was thrown into my first rounds of parent teacher conferences. I had some great parents and they made me feel so comfortable and everything went so smoothly. Pot holder girl's mother was my last conference and as I was walking her to the door she told me how at first when she found out it was my first year of teaching she was nervous, but after meeting me she is totally confident in me and my ability to do this. Talk about a nice confidence boost!
I left on a high thinking I could conquer the world.
I was made for this.

Day 2: Hard.
I cried.

But...
The beautiful brooke was married that day. See.

And even though I cried again because I missed her coming out of the temple and I got lost in Salt Lake and I was convinced I was never going back to school....It was all ok. Funny how life is like that. She was beautiful, the wedding was perfect, and I was so happy I was there to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment