Sunday, August 21, 2011

hunt for a good outfit.

So...beautiful brooke gets married in two days! I can't even believe it is finally happening, but at the same time I feel like she's been married for the last couple months. Anyway, she wanted all of us roomies to be in blue and green shirts and black pencil skirts. Easy right? Hannah and Talia will wear green because they look good in green and karen and i would rock the blue. straightforward and simple.
ha. i wish!

Since I've been so busy since I've been back in utah (it's only about a week and a half but it feels like an eternity already) We decided that on saturday, yesterday (cutting it a little close i know but this was going to be so simple), we would head to the mall and grab some coordinating blue shirts.
We got there, and went to : bannana republic, the gap, nordstrom, papyrus, forever 21, charlotte ruse, and a few other places I can't remember all with no luck! i swear when did shirts stop coming in blue? I mean seriously. We hit up macy's and karen found a really pretty white shirt for herself, but other than that we were out of luck.

We then decided to go to kohls, nothing. Then we went to Target, where I found pencil skirts on sale and bought one in black and one in tan, mostly for work. We had found sweaters that were the right color, but looked horrible on, so that was a bust. We then decided to head to Old Navy (which I will admit with pride is one of my favorite stores.) finally at Old Navy I found a shirt! It was on sale for $6 and i finally got some new jeans on sale for $15. I counted this as a success, but unfortunately Karen still didn't have anything. So we went to TJ Maxx, nothing. Karen remembered a shirt she thought would work at banana rep. so we headed back to the mall to look at it. It was all wrong.

At this point I had blisters on my feet, was tired and cranky and just wanted to go home. (Plus, in the back of my mind all I could think about was the fact that I still hadn't planned the first week of school, written out procedures that need to be taught, and a million other little things). I told her we could do one more store.
Back to nordstom, we literally grab anything they made in the color we wanted. I found a cute sweater and it looked great with her cute white shirt she had bought earlier.
Finally success! (after about 6 hours of shopping....no bueno!)

We then headed to Westridge so I could grab something that I had to do for the first day of school, and went home. Where I fell into bed and a book and put off all of the stuff I still need to do! I know its bad.

But all the insanity will be worth it once we're waiting for our beautiful friend to come out of the temple with her husband on tuesday :)

love you future mrs. clark.

No comments:

Post a Comment