Monday, February 21, 2011

Courtney Got Married!

So, yesterday was quite the day. My friend Courtney Van Blerkom, who I've been close to all through high school and since, got MARRIED! It's still so crazy to me. She married a nice boy named Christopher in the Oakland temple and I was one of her bridemaids. It was so fun to get dressed up, hold a beautiful bouquet of flowers, and watch as one of my close friends came out of the temple sealed to the man of her dreams for time and all eternity. I'm so happy for her. She deserves all the happiness this world has to offer. Her mother passed away from a three year battle with cancer at thanksgiving of this year, so it was wonderful to see this family finally have some happiness in their lives again. The wedding was absolutely gorgeous, she was stunning, and I know that they were just meant to be.

It so weird watching my friends all get married. Earlier this week (12/18/10) my other good friend Melanie Andersen got married. She also looked beautiful and glowed with happiness. Watching everyone go to the temple and be sealed to their husbands just strengthens my resolve and desire. All I want is to find a man who I adore, fall in love with him, have him get down on one knee and tell me he wants to be with me forever, and then go to the Oakland temple with my family and be sealed for time and all eternity. I don't think it gets much better than that.

Photos from Courtney's Day:
My parents were able to go to the sealing


The bridesmaids


We had a good time


My lovely friend.


We found a tractor at the temple!


It was a rainy but perfect day


The groom


My favorite Father of the Bride, Dave!


They made high school wonderful


fighting for that bouquet


Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Dustin, I love you!

2 comments:

  1. I feel so guilty I haven't done this yet! haha LOVE the new background btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha don't even worry about it you're married, you have other things to do. and thanks! i needed something new

    ReplyDelete