Sunday, September 16, 2012

Boise, 1st grade, and friends.

Oh so much to catch up on in the last couple weeks. Let's see...

I took a last minute trip to Boise, Idaho to bid a fond/sad farewell to Sister Jaclyn Coleman. She is going to be serving a mission in Guatemala. I am so excited for her!
On Tuesday of last week Hannah texted me and asked if I wanted to go to Boise, next thing I know it's Friday and the entire apartment was reunited for a fun weekend of laughing so hard I was crying, playing, lots of food and lots of love. It was the best.
 14+ hours of driving is only worth it if you're with these wonderful people. Props to Katie for helping me drive! You rock.

 Yeah....we're hard core like that. When in Idaho...
 One final ultimate sleepover. We were really good at those in apartment 451.
After this picture we were all crying. Love you Sister Coleman

Well after the crazy weekend that was Boise and back it was back to my cute little people. I've only taught them for 18 days (I know this because we count each and every day of school) but I just love them. They are so cute and funny. Here are some more things I've learned. 

1. If you do not know how to tie your shoes your parents should seriously invest in some velcro.

2. I need to learn Spanish so 
a. the entire Spanish population will not be let down when they attempt to speak to me
b. I can speak with the new girl in my class who knows very little English
c. I can better communicate with my cute classroom grandma who smiles at me and I know she's thinking "what in the world is this woman trying to say"
BUT rest assured I'm getting better every day. 

3. A cold can really bring you down, ESPECIALLY when you're trying to entertain six year olds all the time. 

4. Sometimes there is not enough Diet Coke or chocolate in the world to get me through the day. BUT Diet Coke and chocolate help.

5. At the end of the day, no matter how frustrated or impatient I may get, they always love me. And that my friends is a wonderful feeling. One I try to be worthy of each and every day.

So....Friday night was skate night. 
I've learned that no matter how much your students love you, for some reason if they see you outside of a classroom they may refuse to talk to you. Even after multiple attempts. Luckily a couple of them agreed to say hello and give me a hug.

Skate night was lots of fun.



I still just love this girl. Even though I see her a thousand times less than last year she still in wonderful and makes life better.  Watching our students read together on Friday was kind of adorable. 
I appreciate you Megs!


 Shout out to this wonderful lady! Not only did she teach me how to be a great teacher she continues to be the mother I need at Amelia. It doesn't hurt that she's a Diet Coke addict either. Love you Kathe.

 The two cuties who would actually say hello to me. (Note the Diet Coke in my hand....#3 that day)
And finally, to the amazing Tami, my mentor and friend. Shout out to you! You keep me laughing so hard I'm crying, answer all my dumb questions, AND always have a couple quarters to spare when I'm in desperate need of a Diet Coke, I'm not sure I could ask for or find anyone better! Thanks for all you do!

Love,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment