Monday, September 3, 2012

a labor free day.

Another week down and I'm still loving it. 
Those little people are kind of adorable.

This is how I feel about them.
 
Lots of love.

Some things they taught me this week:
1. There is no such thing as a personal bubble when you're six AND why should there be. 
This week we created rainbow fish and I called them over one by one to use the "grown-up" glue. One little boy came over, placed his hand on my knee and leaned into me the whole time. All I could do was laugh.

2. If you miss something cause you're in the bathroom, just walk into the classroom and announce, "What are we learning?" or the classic "What did I miss?"

3. My parents were really silly for naming me Miss. I mean, who does that? 

4. Six year olds give the best hugs. 


In other news, this baby is almost finished! All I need to do is take it down to the great ladies at Corn Wagon Quilts in Springville and have it quilted. I'll get it back in a few weeks, bind it, and then I'll finally have my adorable bedspread. I'm in love. 

The Webb family earned another cool point in the universe this week when little dude man was named an All-American at the Junior Olympics. I know, we're pretty awesome. Well, he is, I'm just awesome for knowing him. 
Way to go dude. 

Happy day off from all your labors. I hope you enjoyed yours, I spent mine poolside, enjoying the glorious sun, watching netflix, and getting some work done. 

:)

Love,
j


3 comments:

  1. Love. Your. Quilt. You are so talented!

    And my favorite lesson from this week was #3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read no mention of any fellow teachers...let alone your mentor! Perhaps we are giving you too much personal space. I'll move in a little closer tomorrow!!

    You have done an outstanding job of teaching your first two weeks!! You haven't even cried once!!!

    ReplyDelete