Monday, March 29, 2010

MaRcH mAdNeSs....

Well, i feel like this is going to start the way all my posts do...life has been crazy! But i'm enjoying every minute of it.

1. first off, i was assigned my school district for next year, and i will be teaching in the distant land of Provo, UT....haha i was actually excited to be assigned to stay in provo because i'll be close and able to make it back in time for the extra classes i'm going to have to take. My schedule and life are stressing me out, but i know i can do it. i just need to stay focused.

2. This weekend was so much fun! it started on Friday withmy roommate Karen's 20th birthday. Being from Honduras she had never been to the Cheesecake factory and desperately wanted to go. We suprised her friday night and brought her up to Murray so she could go. it was a lot of fun!

Our lovely waiter took this apartment picture for us


Me, Brooke, and Becca

This is my favorite picture of the night. The birthday girl and I!

3. The next day, so Saturday (3/27) we attended, like most of provo, the festival of colors. Its this crazy festival held at the hari krishna temple. basically thousands of people get together and throw tons of colored powder (its actually made from cornstarch) into the air and on each other. it was a lot of fun and we were so colorful

Ok, so this would be Karen and i on the walk to the temple, looking very clean and white


Josh, me, Brooke - this was when we started throwing colors - very fun!


For some reason blogger does not like my pictures and they're not as vivid as they are on my computer, but what can you do...Karen and I


A bunch of us after the huge color cloud that left you mostly brown

Basically this weekend was full of playtime and not much homework time, but it was worth it.

4. Alex (my best friend from home) moved to utah for this next month. i'm so happy she's here before we seperate for the summer. it'll be great to spend some quality time with her!

love from provo,

j

No comments:

Post a Comment