Monday, September 21, 2009

Life rolls on...

so my life has now fallen into a nice pattern of homework, playing, and trying to balance all the other things i need to and want to do. I have my first round of tests coming up this week and next, and i'm a little nervous to say the least. i really want to do well this semester, like better than i've ever done and i know the only thing stopping me is myself, i have a tendency to procrastinate or just think things aren't very important when they are. haha, so i'm trying to stay on top of everything which has been relatively easy seeing as i don't have any major distractions in my life at the moment. i would say that isn't a blessing, but i know it is. heavenly father is just trying to help me, so he's keeping all the boys away :) or maybe he's helping my parents...
Speaking of parents and family i do miss mine a lot. they are wonderful and i enjoy hearing from them. i talk to my mom at least every other day and i'm so thankful for her and what a blessing she is in my life.
Oh, i got a calling in my ward yesterday, i am a relief society instructor. i taught my first lesson yesterday on family, and it went really well! i was so nervous to teach by myself and to teach all these girls i don't know very well, and who don't know me. but it all went really well, and i was so thankful for that. now i don't have to teach for another month! yeah :)
i am so proud of myself. yesterday i sat down and wrote all the missionaries i've been saying i would write for ages. i wrote eight letters and mailed all but the international ones today and i'm going to mail the others tomorrow. it amazes me how many boys i know serving the Lord in so many different places. i am so proud of them and know that they made the right decision to go and serve.

j

No comments:

Post a Comment