Tuesday, October 15, 2013

home.

Going home is the best remedy I can think of for any soul.
Going home is peace.
Going home is love.

I'm amazed every time I step through that door how instantly everything is right in the world, nothing can touch me.
Actually, if I'm being honest it happens before I step through the door.
It happens the moment I find the car I'm looking for on the curb at the Oakland airport.
This time it happened the moment my mother took me in her arms and gave me the biggest hug.
No gesture tells you that you are loved more than hugging another person and them not letting you let go.
Those are my favorite hugs.
The no-letting-go hugs.

Seriously home is the greatest.
Danville is my perfect retreat.
It is the place I can come and just for a little while escape the stresses of my life and feel like I belong and I'm perfectly happy.
I can go on walks with my mom, watch tv, go shopping, watch a lot of water polo
Do everything and nothing simultaneously.

I love my house, with all its quirks.
Whatever man I bring home better adore my crazy house.
Yes, we don't have a toilet roll holder that works.
Yes, to open that one drawer in the kitchen you have to open the oven.
Yes, we do step over Daisy to use the downstairs bathroom, please, try not to wake her.
Yes, every room revolves around a TV.
Yes, we're messy and silly.
Yes, our front yard is covered in themed decor, always.
Yes, I have to sleep at grandma's because there is no room for me.
Yes, the man I bring home will be sharing a bedroom with my little brother.

My family is a little quirky too.
Yes, we are very sarcastic.
Yes, my father will tell the same stories, often, but they're always funny.
Yes, he is also filled with a lot of random information that comes out as we drive a conservative 60 mph on the freeway.
And yes, he is the one person who is the most proud of me in the entire world.
Yes, my mom is my best friend.
Yes, I will spend more time with her than with anyone else if I am home.
Yes, she hates all major social events and will avoid them if possible.
Yes, she is probably the sweetest and most non-judgmental human being you will ever meet.
Yes, Shelby lives in her bed watching Dr. Who and writing.
Yes, Marissa is a jock, flirt, and comedian all wrapped up in a ball of adorableness.
Yes, Blake is the cutest little man who loves video games.
Yes, our house really does revolve around Hickory and Daisy, sorry, we love our dogs.

As you can see, I love every single thing about being home.
My family is fantastic.
There is an unconditional love here that I don't feel anywhere else.
I can honestly say that my parents love each of us in spite of any imperfection or downfall.
Growing up, and now, I know that no matter the decision I make, no matter if I succeed or fail, there are 5 people in this world (and the 2 dogs of course) who are going to ALWAYS love me.
That's something my family succeeds in.
Unconditional love.
My parents taught us to love fiercely over here at the Webb house.
Without question and without requirement.

6 weeks till Thanksgiving!

love,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment