Monday, October 7, 2013

Endurance.

General Conference. 
They say that if you pray before conference and really listen you will be able to find the answers you are seeking. 
I really took that to heart this conference. I really wanted the Spirit to tell me what I should do and how I should handle different aspects of my life. 
I was so excited to find my answers. 

Life is a funny thing. 
What did I hear over and over?
What resonated most with me?

Endurance. 
Endure it well.
No matter what you're asking for God will give you what you need. 
Be patient. 

All I could do was chuckle. 
Oh Heavenly Father, you do know me don't you. 
You know that what I still need to learn is patience. 
Patience, patience, patience. 

Also during conference I was flipping through my journal and I found this statement I wrote a few weeks ago:
Do you have faith? If you had enough faith in God you would realize he's in complete control of every situation in your life and he'd never do anything to intentionally hurt you. So if you can't believe that, you don't have enough faith.

Dang I can be brutal. 

Ha.

But seriously, that thought has resonated with me then and continues to bring me peace now.
It's all about having faith.
Faith in Heavenly Father. 
Everything in life will be perfect, you just have to have a little patience. 

This is the poem President Monson used in his talk that I just love. I feel like it really sums up conference for me. 

Good Timber
The tree that never had to fight
For sun and sky and air and light,
But stood out in the open plain
And always got its share of rain,
Never became a forest king
But lived and died a scrubby thing.

The man who never had to toil
To gain and farm his patch of soil,
Who never had to win his share
Of sun and sky and light and air,
Never became a manly man
But lived and died as he began.

Good timber does not grow with ease:
The stronger wind, the stronger trees;
The further sky, the greater length;
The more the storm, the more the strength.
By sun and cold, by rain and snow,
In trees and men good timbers grow.

Where thickest lies the forest growth,
We find the patriarchs of both.
And they hold counsel with the stars
Whose broken branches show the scars
Of many winds and much of strife.
This is the common law of life.

love,
j


No comments:

Post a Comment