Monday, March 7, 2011

Teaching, Crafting, Best Friends

So...it's official I'm Miss Webb again here's the badge to prove it.

I've officially completed three days of my month of student teaching at Spring Creek Elementary School here in Provo.

I am in the fifth grade there and it has been very different from my last experience. Last semester I walked in and the kids were so adorable and loving. It was great they listened, they loved to learn, well not all of them but the majority were really great. I didn't have a lot of difficulty managing them. My first day in fifth graded I was greeted with everything from excitement to "Why are you here? I hate you." Fun right! I've found as a teacher you just have to let things go, let nothing get to you otherwise you're toast. But that was the first day, things have gotten better the last couple days. I remembered how much I just love being in the classroom it's my favorite thing. I'm reminded why I'm working so hard in school.

I spent this entire weekend with the best friend A. We hadn't spent a lot of time together lately so we decided to have a girl's night friday and just spend time together. We ended up everywhere from the mall to costa vida to joanne's fabric. We decided to make hair clips. I've always admired the collection A has, and she has crafty sisters that have taught her how to make them, so she taught me. So fun. It was addicting we did it all friday, she slept over that night and then we continued our obsession into Saturday night.
Proof of our obsession:


After A left because she had a family dinner I had another girl's night with B and K. We decided to go get some goodies, rent a movie, and paint our nails together. Great girls night, right! It was fun. I love hanging out with the two of them, they are adorable and so much fun.

Church on Sunday and A decided to come to my ward. She was impressed with all the cute boys in my ward. I'm impressed with them too sometimes.
We decided to take a roommate picture so that H could send them in a letter to her missionary friend

My beautiful roomies :)

And best friend


Today after school (8-3:30 at Springcreek and 4-5:15 at BYU) I was able to talk to my Mom and Dad for a little bit. Gosh I miss them, i'm such a homebody. I realize it's been three months since i've been with them and it'll be another three until i'm home for the summer to work. Suprisingly i'm not missing them as much as i normally do, usually i get pretty homesick, but lately i'm content with my life here and know it's where i'm suppose to be. Hey i'm growing up! about time :)

So as I was writing this i realized that all i did this weekend revolves around being with my girlfriends. It's great, don't get me wrong, but when do i get a man in my life? Make things more interesting :)

love
j

1 comment: