Thursday, January 7, 2010

2010....

cannot believe it is already 2010! well it has been a while since i last posted, about when i went home and figured it was time to play catch up.

10 best things about being home for the holidays (in no special order)

1. I was back in Danville
2. the sunshine
3. Blake, Shelby, Marissa, Lori and Michael
4. playing with John
5. learning to crochet from grandma and rediscovering my love for painting
6. CHRISTMAS!!!!
7. relaxing, playing with mom, watching way too many movies
8. shopping
9. going to shelter cove with Alex
10. sleeping in my own bedroom every night and hearing everyday how much i was loved















Now i'm back in provo, have been for about four days now, and have started a new semester. i started my major and it has been so much fun. there is a lot of work and demands on my time, but i am loving it. i love being in class and seeing how it is actually applicable to what i want to do with the rest of my life.
For some crazy reason i decided it would be a good idea to take 17 credits this semester...we'll see if i survive. my schedule goes something like this...
Monday:
12-2: Math Education 305 - hasn't been too hard yet, but there is lots of homework and stuff to read
2-4: Drama in the Elementary Classroom - this class has a lot of reading and projects, but so far it has been good. it just drags on forever because i'm not used to having to be in a class for two hours!
Tuesday:
12-1: New Testament - love love love, i love my teacher and i love learning about the gospel
1-2: Music - my teacher reminds me of a kindergarten teacher which is kind of fitting i guess, the class has been ok, we had to record ourselves singing on a casette tape for her to listen to which i thought was a little weird...
2-3: LDS Marriage and Family - i really love this class! my professor is in the general sunday school presidency which is way cool. more importantly he is an amazing teacher and so far i've loved the readings we've had.
(only on Tuesday) 5-7:30: Rhythm and Dance - this class requires that you let all embarassment go, it was hilarious, we were jumping around all over the place and i'm sure i looked like a fool but it was funny.
Wednesday:
repeat Monday
Thursday:
repeat Tuesday
Friday:
tomorrow i have my visual arts education class and i am so excited. if you know me, visual arts is my thing. i would do that all day if i could. i'm pumped.

so yeah life has been good, its been good to see friends again and remember why i've been working so hard the last three semesters and that eventually it'll all be worth it.

love from provo,

j

ps: new year's resolutions to come, i'm still working on them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment