Friday, April 8, 2011

Waiting for Superman



If you haven't seen this documentary, you need to.
I just finished watching it and...wow, that's all I can say.
Maybe it is because teaching is my passion, but it was such an emotional movie. You see these kids and the system they're stuck in and you just sit there and wonder what can we do to make it better? It seems like it can never be fixed. Your heart goes out to them and all you want is to reach through the TV and hug them and tell them everything will be ok. And then you realize this is the plight of so many students across the United States.
After I finished watching it all I could think was, I want to be the best teacher I possibly can be for these kids. I don't want to fail them. They say in the movie "When you see a great teacher, you are seeing a work of art" I hope I can be that for my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment